Hello, I have had an issue with my laptop that dogged me for several years. Using Windows 10 Pro, Search did not work, Cortana did not work
After years of trying different fixes, this one worked. Not sure if it will work for you, but if you’ve tried everything else, maybe this will help.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1) Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg.exe, and then click OK.
2) Click OK if you receive the UAC prompt.
3) In the console tree, expand Component Services, and then expand Computers.
4) Right-click My Computer, then click Properties.
5) Click the Default Properties tab.
6) Select Connect in the Default Authentication Level list if it is set to None.
Note: If the Default Authentication Level item is not set to None, do not change it. It may have been set by administrator.
7) Select Indentify in the Default Impersonation Level list.
8) Click OK, and then click Yes to confirm the selection.
9) Close Component Services console.”
My issue was apparently solved when I changed the Default Authentication Level from None to Connect. The Default Impersonation Level was already set to Identify.